Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Three blog posts in one night?

My mind is swimming right now, but I've been meaning to say this for awhile. I know they won't see it, but for my own sake, I wanted to thank all my teachers who have made going to Lebanon High School bearable.

Dear Mr. Meno,
I don't think most of your students realize this, but in addition to having a fun and entertaining class, you are a model teacher. You command respect from your students but also give respect in return. When you punish your students, you do so in a condescending way that teaches them a lesson while also keeping a sardonic sense of humor. You are never lazy, always looking up the answer to a question from a student that you are unsure of the answer to. You take pride in your subject and prepare each and every student for the AP test. In addition to all of this, you still find time to balance your live and be a perfect father for your daughter. I hope I can be as good of a teacher as you are.

Dear Mr. Poitinger,
You were the first person to show me what it means to truly have passion for what you teach. In your class I felt like you really wanted us to know the history of our country, not that you just had to teach it because it was on the curriculum. You taught me everything I know about writing a paper for History, and because of you, I loved the class enough to take AP Euro this year. Your anecdotes and personal comments about historical figures engaged each student and took what could have been a boring lecture and made it into a fun class.

Dear Mrs. Fritz,
I still remember the moment I decided to become an English teacher. It was before I had you for class, and we were at the MS walk, and you were talking about the Sun Also Rises. I had never had such an exciting conversation about literature with someone and It hit me on the way home that I wanted to be in a profession where I could read books as part of my job. I cried on my way home because I was so happy. I have learned so much in your class and have loved every book we've. I have never been more ecstatic to receive a perfect grade than for one of your essays. You are a great teacher, and you do so because you love it. You work two jobs just because you love it so much. People always ask me "Are you going to be a Mrs. Fritz type of English Teacher?" and I smile and say of course.

Mrs Rowe and her Sixth Grade Class,
I have never felt more confident in my future than when I stand in front of all my favorite sixth graders. When I'm teaching a lesson, I can be as crazy and goofy as I want and you all just laugh at me and listen. Well, that is mostly, until Mrs. Row Counts down from 5 and you KNOW you have to shut up. I have so much fun hearing about your days and what you're doing in class. When you begged me to stay, it was probably one of the best moments of my life. I hope Ive inspired some of you.

Senora Bryant,
Si no tuviera Usted como profesora, no podria escribir esta oracion. Me encanta la idioma de Espanol. Ha ensenarme mucho pero no comprende que estaba aprendiendo porque solamente tuvo que hablar y hacer cosas de gramatica. Muchas personas le usa a su ventaja porque sabe que es muy flexible, pero le respecto mucho y mi clase de espanol he sido uno de mis favoritos en mis anos escolares.

Translation:
If I didnt have you for a teacher, I could not write this sentence. I love the spanish language. You have taught me a lot but I did not understand that I was learning because I only had to take and do grammar work. Many people use you to their advantage because they know that youre flexible, but I respect you and my spanish class has been one of my favorite clases in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment