Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Can I throw it against the wall?

Darby just told me that I "havent written in 8000 hours" or something like that. So I will complain here, as it is 11:44 at night and I'm about to fly off the handle. Here is why:

My cell phone deleted my contacts. Again.

I'll be honest. I have problems with cell phones. The first one I ever had, I busted with my butt by sitting on it. The second one I had I did multiple things to. I busted the screen a month after getting it while at a Jonas Brothers concert. After a myriad of drops, slips, oops, and whatnots, it had ended up missing a panel on the side, 3 keys, had a crack in the other, and the back had to be taped on. Annoyed by this, I went to best buy and spent an absurd amount of money on an outdated sidekick. (Hey, it had a keyboard!) I thought that its larg size and sturdy feel would mean I wouldnt be able to destroy it. Sadly, by getting it at Best Buy, I fell prey to the fact that it doesnt work correctly with our cell phone plan. In a nutshell, it deletes everything saved on it periodically.

After all my contacted being deleted for what seemed like the twenty third time, I decided I needed to be proactive. I dug out my old phone in all its missing-part glory. I then found my mother's identical phone. (Incidentally, she sent hers through the wash, making it not work either.) Taking the best of both phones, I constructed a new one. It has the shell of my mother's, but the guts of mine.

Somehow it knew. This phone has a personality. And it doesn't like me. I got the stupid thing together, breaking 2/3rds of my fingernails in the process. Grinning in my success, I turned the phone on. The first time I did so, it froze. The second time it decided to not allow me to use any buttons. The third time I couldnt open up a blank text messages. One time it just didnt turn on.

I was so frustrated I came within inches of throwing it against my wall. (I decided against this; I like my wall too much) I contemplated defensenstrating it. Or maybe running it over with my '97 Ford Pick up. I finally decided to leave it in peace while I wrote this blog about it.

I just got it to work, this very moment as I type this sentence.
My reward? All my old text messages from a year ago are still on here. I love to save old text messages. I just dug up flirtacious text messages from 3 guys. (Darby, you know them. Remind me to show you some.)

Sadly, I must be one of those teenagers that can't live without her phone for a day. But, alas, Im extremely glad to have this tiny phone back. Maybe this time it won't self destruct.

G'night.
-Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment