Thursday, January 7, 2010

Teachers. Gosh.

Hello all. Apparently my lengthy complaint of the school worked; Today was a snow day! Thus, I slept until noon, and then got caught up on my school work. (more or less.)

As I was studying for my english essay, I decided to type one of the sentences from the essay prompt into the lovely, unparalleled google search engine. Alas, I found all of our possible prompts and links to sites that would assist in the support of each essay. One one hand, I was thrilled to dig up information to add to my essay tomorrow. On the other, I was appauled to find that my teacher took the lazy way out and just chose topics for an essay from the internet. Yet, this same teacher does this all the time. It seems to me that as a teacher you should be well versed in the subject that you're are teaching, therefore not requiring the use of outside sources for all questions and prompts. I lose a little respect for my teachers everytime I find something similar to this. Teachers expect students to use their knowledge in answering questions, writing, and doing homework, yet are allowed to blatantly copy things of the internet. Shouldn't teachers have the same expectations for themselves as for their students? ...At least I'll do well on the essay tomorrow I guess.

Speaking of tomorrow, it's still snowing. Lebanon Christian is closed again, and most the schools I mentioned yesterday are delayed tomorrow as well. Lebanon city schools, please don't let me down this time! A four day weekend would be awefully considerate of you as I need the extra time to prepare for exam week next week.

-Kels

1 comment:

  1. One time I was searching and found my professor had put answers to homework on his website from last quarter and didn't bother to delete the page. It wasn't all the same questions but it was pretty close.

    ReplyDelete